S&C Rail Solutions’ patented method allows any organization to replace Signal Cabinets in a much more efficient way regarding safety, time, financial, legal and logistic considerations.
Change is now synonymous with savings and efficiency. Change? Bring it on!
What is S&C’s Solution?
- An innovative patented system to replace signal cabinets
- Unique new design, drawings and manuals
- An installation technique that allows any crew to change a cabinet without disconnecting the wiring of the communication system
- Ability to upgrade from single cases to double cases and even bungalows
Ron Curry, Manager S&C, Safety Assurance, Western Division Canadian National Railways said: “Using our standard approach, the Glenmore Trail crossing project would have represented 60 man hours to complete in the wiring shop, 24 man hours hrs in field along with $6,000.00 of material and a slow down directive to trains.With the innovation of S & C Rail Solutions, the total project took only 17 man hours to complete, with no train slow down directive whatsoever. In future, where applicable, we will definitely consider this innovative replacement system as an option, as it represents substantial savings both in time and money.”
The S&C Rail Solutions’ Method
- Cabinet is changed by 3 employees in a maximum of 6 hours
- The wiring is not disconnected and trains do not slow down
- No interruption of service
- Possibility to quickly and easily install larger cabinets. Ideal for PTC requirements
- Less of a need for costly qualified manpower: 3 men, 6 hours vs. 4 men, 5 days
- Practically nonexistent risks and safety hazards for employees
- No train slow down or interruption
- No disconnection and no testing required
- No special permit required
Space and Logistics Benefits
- Batteries now fit into the larger cabinet
- Requires less space during replacement in cramped areas
Is It Really Worth It? Estimated Value of Benefits?
Kevin Garson, Manager of Signal Maintenance, Rail Term Inc. said: “During our experience installing the bungalow on OVR territory we found the product very well drafted. The design is very well done since the parts are light and easily put together. We were impressed by the time consumption from taking the crossing out of service and having it back in service within reasonable time to not have any train delay. We believe the product can be very efficient and helpful for Railways and signal operations.”
For more information on Signal Case Replacement Systems for Rail visit S & C Rail Solutions